James (Jim) Minto FCA, GAICD
- Deputy Chairman - March 2019
- Member of the Board Strategy Committee - July 2019
- Independent Non-Executive Director - March 2017
- Member of the Board Risk Committee - March 2017
- Chair of the Board Risk Committee - December 2017
- Member of the Board Audit Committee - March 2017
- Member of the Remuneration, Human Resources and Nominations Committee
- March 2017 to December 2017
Mr Minto held a diverse career in financial services, with a strong ongoing focus in the areas of risk management, technology, sustainability, and regulation.
Mr Minto was CEO and Managing Director for TAL Limited (renamed from TOWER Australia) from 2006 to 2015 and for a number of TAL/TOWER companies over the previous 16 years including 12 years as Managing Director of TOWER Trust NZ (previously Trustees Executors). Mr Minto was also Chairman of the TAL’s Australian superannuation trustee companies from 2003 to 2015.
When TAL Limited was purchased by Dai-ichi Life in 2011, he was appointed as a member of the Tokyo Executive: a rare opportunity for a Japanese company operating in Australia. Mr Minto was a director of the Trustee Corporations Association of New Zealand for nine years to 1997, with the remaining three years serving as Chairman. He continues his role as director for Dai-ichi Life Asia Pacific in Singapore, is a director of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and also Chairman of NZ life insurer Partners Life Limited.
Mr Minto is a fellow of the Australia and New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants, graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is the Australian Ambassador for the International Insurance Society.